What made you fall in love with your dolls and bring them home?

I fell in love with Marisol because of her coloring, face mold and she was from Chicago. I did not like her book at all. I've had her a year and I'm still contemplating changing her name. I still adore her (and all my dolls).

I love Jess because I like asian dolls alot (I was thinking about buying another AGOT#4 and cutting her hair a little shorter and making her my Japanese doll). The new face mold kind of reminds me of at least 2 friends of mine. And she is an archeologist! My mom loves archeology. When I was a child, she would take me to the Field Museum and tell me all about Egyptian burial rituals and the like. Other people would listen in, too. Someone even asked my Mom if she worked at the museum!

Anyways, what is your doll's story?